What is Partners in Recovery?
Partners in Recovery Sunshine Coast and Gympie provides a lifeline of understanding, expertise and solutions so that people with significant mental health needs are supported and empowered to achieve stability and meaningful recovery.
Who is PIR for?
PIR is for people who have:
- severe and persistent symptoms of mental illness
- significant functional impairment
- a psychosocial disability
- who have become disconnected from social or family support networks
Eligible clients may also have other ‘:
- substance use issues
- physical health issues
- difficulties maintaining stable accommodation and in completing basic activities of daily living.
For more information please take a look at our referral guide:
How does PIR work?
Anyone can refer themselves or someone else to PIR through our intake line. If you’re not referring yourself, just make sure you have the informed consent of the person you are referring – it helps if you use our referral form.
Our central intake facilitator will follow up with you to better understand your circumstances and determine your potential eligibility for the program.
If you are potentially eligible, you will be connected to a local Support Facilitator who will assess your needs and determine your eligibility for the program.
Here is a list of some of the things our Support Facilitators can assist our participants with:
- income and employment
- therapy and counselling
- meeting new people in the community
- working out transport options
- connecting with a peer worker
- support groups
- drug and alcohol support
If you are not eligible, we will do our best to provide you with information and resources that may best suit your needs.